- MBA, Entrepreneurship & Marketing, University of Southern California
- BS, Economics & Finance, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Texas
- Certificate – Financial Planning Program, University of Texas, Austin
- Certificate – Managing Information Resources Program, UCLA
- Professional Designation in International Trade and Commerce, UCLA
- Certificate – Mexico Trade Program, International Business Institute / Mexico Trade Ctr.
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
Steve has over 40 years of experience in the business world and has worked in the fields of banking, consulting, public accounting and industry. He began his career in corporate banking as a credit analyst and rose to the Vice President level while working as a financial consultant at banking institutions including State Street Bank & Trust Company, Security Pacific National Bank, Bank of America and Mellon Financial Corporation.
After leaving the banking field, he served as the Vice President and Manager of Electronic Commerce at major west coast financial institution where his principle activities were strategy development and project management for the newly emerging internet and e-commerce fields.
After encountering his second major acquisition, he entered the consulting field where he helped entrepreneurs develop business plans for launching their new ventures. After moving to Austin in May of 2000, he joined a technology consulting and integration firm as a senior business operations consultant. Steve then pursued a CPA certification and joined a local CPA firm, providing audit, review and other attestation services to a wide variety of organizations in Central Texas.
In September of 2004, he formed Stephen G. Sefcik, PLLC and from 2006 to 2008, he concurrently served in the capacity of Chief Financial Officer at a local information technology company. In addition to his responsibilities at headquarters he provided financial and administrative oversight for a data digitizing operation in Mexico. In late 2008, Steve left his CFO position to pursue his practice on a full-time basis.